ACKme NETWORKS respects your right to privacy and will protect it when you visit our website.
Here are some things you should know about how we protect your privacy.
- When you send us email we won't keep or share your email address with anyone outside of ACKme NETWORKS staff, its contractors, and other partners necessary to respond to your question. We'll only use your email address to respond to your requests for information.
- If you sign up for one of our email lists, we will only send you the type of information you requested. We won't maintain your name on the list and won't share your email address with anyone outside of ACKme NETWORKS
- If you use our feature "Send email," we will only use your email address to let the recipeint know who sent the web address so he or she can reply to you.
When you browse, read pages or download information on our website, we automatically gather and store certain technical information about your visit. The information we collect and store about your visit is listed below:
- The Internet domain and IP address from which you access our website
- The type of browser (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer) and operating system (Windows, Linux) used to access our site
- The date and time you accessed our site
- The documents/software you downloaded; the pages you visited
- If you linked to our website from another website, the address of that website
This information is only used to help us make the site more useful for you. With this data we learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology our visitors use.
Sometimes we use "cookies," which are small amounts of text stored on your computer. We only use "session cookies" in some places where people are required to login. That means we only store the cookie on your computer during that visit. So, if you logged in you won't be required to login again when you go to another site and come back during the visit. After you turn off your computer or stop using the internet, the cookie is erased. If you don't want us to put a "cookie" on your computer, just disable cookies in your browser. You will still be able to browse most areas of our web site that don’t require you to login.
- We monitor visits to the web site to identify any attempt to tamper with it.
- When you submit personal information using our web site - for example, if you sign up for a conference online - we have systems that ensure people outside of ACKme NETWORKS cannot access your personal information.
- We would only try to identify you personally when required to do so by a law enforcement investigation. Any information we collect for those investigations is destroyed according to US state and federal guidelines.
- Tampering with ACKme NETWORKS web site is against the law. If anyone tries to tamper with it, they may be punished under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
Links to Other Sites
- Our website has links to many other web sites. When you go to another site, you are subject to the privacy and security policies of that site. ACKme NETWORKS cannot attest to the accuracy of information provided there.
- Linking to a web site does not constitute an endorsement by ACKme NETWORKS, or any of its employees, of the sponsors of the site or the products presented on the site.